Remarkable Russia - Summer 2020
Remarkable Russia – Summer 2020
Decadence and ornate beauty await you in Russia, the world’s largest country. Delve into its fascinating history and colourful culture as you explore old-world St. Petersburg and cosmopolitan Moscow. From taking a trip to the Grand Kremlin Palace’s Royal Apartments where you’ll learn more about the fascinating history of Russia’s tsars, to uncovering the secrets of Moscow’s beautiful metro and its elegant architecture, you’re sure to be impressed as you travel in style and indulge in world-class fine dining.
- St. Petersburg: Indulge at the centrally located and glamorous Belmond. Embrace its striking décor of resplendent marble, gilded stucco ceilings and breathtaking stained glass. A mix of vintage style-glamour with a selection of the finest modern cuisine, the hotel promises a glamorous gastronomic journey.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- St. Petersburg: Set off on a private sunset cruise as you take in Russia’s White Nights. A unique natural phenomenon caused by St. Petersburg’s geographical location, the sky remains bright after midnight.
- St. Petersburg: Explore St. Petersburg in the daylight and head to Saint Peter and Paul Cathedral. Once a prison, but currently used as a museum, this wonderfully ornate building was designed by Domenico Trezzini in the 18th century.
- St. Petersburg: Check out the striking Church of the Savoir on Blood, where Tsar Alexander II was fatally wounded in 1881. Learn about its history with your Travelling Concierge.
- St. Petersburg: Head to the Fabergé Museum where you’ll find the ornate imperial Easter eggs created for the last two Russian tsars, along with the museum’s striking collection of other decorative pieces.
- St. Petersburg: Journey to Peterhof Palace in style, onboard a hydrofoil boat ride. Explore the beautiful palace and gardens, known as Russia’s Versailles, with a Local Expert.
- St. Petersburg: Find out more about the history of Matryoshka dolls at a workshop on how the Russian nesting dolls are created.
- Sapsan Train: Sapsan in Russian, translates to falcon. Relax in business-class luxury and take in the beautiful scenery while you swoop by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: During a city tour of Moscow, you will see some of the city’s landmark locations including the historic Red Square and St Basil’s Cathedral.
- Moscow With your Local Expert explore the secrets of Moscow’s Metro, known as one of the most beautiful in the world.
- St. Petersburg: Catering to well-to-do travellers from around the world for over 140 years, the Grand Hotel Europe is a luxurious, five-star hotel ideally located adjacent to Arts Square. Indulge in its ornate interiors, elegant furnishings and decadent restaurants.
- St. Petersburg: The palace of the tsars opens exclusively to you for a private, after-hours visit. Enjoy the regal ambience as you explore the treasures of the Hermitage Museum with an art historian.
- Moscow: Delve into the fascinating history of Moscow by heading to a lecture by a local historian on the KGB, the main spy agency of the former Soviet Union.
- Moscow: Explore the beautiful Grand Kremlin Palace and enjoy a behind-the-scenes visit to the Royal Apartments, where you’ll learn about the fascinating history of the tsars.
- Moscow: Famous for its opera and ballet performances, you’ll head to the Bolshoi Theatre where you’ll receive a behind-the-scenes tour of the venue.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included train journeys and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Welcome to St. Petersburg.
Highlights of St. Petersburg.
Journey to Moscow.
A Day of Theatre.
Highlights of Moscow.